- Bachelor’s degree in communication engineering, computer science or related technology field and 10 years’ experience in supporting and implementing Network Routing, Switching and Security products or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Cisco, Aruba, and or Juniper Professional Level Network Certifications
- Proven experience supporting LAN, WAN, SD-WAN implementations.
We are looking for a Network Systems Engineer (NSE) candidate with 10 years’ experience preferably with professional level certifications in Cisco, Aruba, or Juniper Networks (or equivalent experience). Project Leads, major supporting project roles encompassing A to Z enterprise network project delivery. Engineer should be able to deliver project scopes of work and lead a project through phases including Kickoff, Design Discovery, Low Level Architecture Design and Documentation, Test Plan builds, device configuration and turnup, end to end testing, and day 1 support. Candidate should be capable of working independently or in a team setting and should be capable of communicating with GDT peer technology groups, project management teams, GDT executive account teams, and client representatives from engineers to executive level stakeholders. Deploys and maintains required documentation, processes and procedures in support of the Network Operations roles and responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and deploys unique client LANs, WANs, including servers, routers, switches, SD-WAN Technology, UPS and other hardware.
- Hands on experience with Cisco, Aruba, and or Juniper networking software features and functionality
- Complex Routing and Switching Network designs and configuring routing and switching devices.
- Capable of leading high level and low-level design consultations with client representatives to gather goals and requirements and build advanced network architectures optimized to client goals and best practices.
- Assistance with reviewing and developing complex routing and switching network designs and configurations, specifically for Cisco, Aruba, and / or Juniper routing and switching devices.
- Configures networks to ensure smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes. Troubleshoots and resolves issues across the network platforms and escalates to third level support when necessary.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Creates and maintains documentation and technical specification information as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Implements and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for network administration, usage and disaster recovery.
- Interacts with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated expertise in contemporary network technology including knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/ IP, STP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP4, IS-IS IPv6, QoS, MPLS, VPN, DMVPN and VoIP
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and Internet standards including excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Cisco routers and switches (Catalyst, Nexus, ISR, ASR, Meraki) IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS
- Juniper Firewalls, routers, and switches (MX, EX, SRX)
- Aruba/HPE switching (Procurve or CX)
- SD-WAN experience with Silverpeek, Versa, Viptela, VeloCloud is a plus
- Advanced Leaf/Spine Architecture experience is a plus
- Cisco DNAC with SD Access capability is a plus
- AWS, Azure, GCP cloud platform experience is a plus
- Experience with Dell and or Arista Switching Platforms is a plus
- Experience with peer technologies such as Firewalls, Load Balancers, ISE, Clearpass is a plus
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language is required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.