Posted 1 month ago
Any Degree with 10+ years of work experience in relevant field
We are looking for E- Publishing manager with responsibilities to set the editorial and commercial direction for companies that publish books, newspapers, magazines, and digital content. They make decisions about the markets their companies will serve and the type of content they will offer their audience. Publishers work with teams of editors, designers, writers, and contributors who create the content and manage its production.
- Identifying and evaluating market opportunities for potential titles.
- Reviewing book proposals and manuscripts for suitability for the company’s list, soliciting proposals from authors, and negotiating contracts with authors or agents.
- Knowledge of publishing industry standards and best practices, as well as an understanding of how to identify and resolve conflicts.
- Managing relationships with authors, agents, editors, reviewers, and other publishing partners.
- Experience with project management, including identifying milestones and making sure tasks are completed according to schedule.
- Negotiating contracts to acquire new titles and manage existing ones.
- Overseeing design, editing, production, and marketing of the book project including the selection of title pages, cover design, interior layout design, etc.
- Should be capable of Validating and Ensuring the correctness of the output package before dispatch of the file.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Leadership and business skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Creative skills to think up new ideas for the publication.
- The ability to manage budgets.
- Computer skills.
- XML conversion from e-publishing background.